Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Service With Ecatepec Ingles

On Tuesday I had the privilege of going out in service with Ecatepec Ingles. I met up with 2 sisters from D.C. One came down with her parents 3 months ago to help out in the English field. Once again I am amazed to see first hand families simplify their lives, sell their homes, cars and personal items to move to where the need is great. The other sister was on vacation down here but had served in Queretaro for 4 years when she was 19. I told her I admired her because she had just turned 19, she didn't know Spanish and came down here by herself. And she is African American! We don't see many of our black friends here. Well at least not in the city.

Anaid and I found a man who's parents are witnesses and when he was living in the states he would attend the meetings. But hasn't since he moved back. We left him last months's magazines and invited him to the meetings. We hope he visits!! I think all together the group found 5 people who spoke English.

After service we went to Walmart for some packaged arrachera. We cooked it a sister's house and had fresh tortillas, salsa, avocado and black beans. Accompanied with aqua de melon! And homemade flan for dessert! It was absolutely delicious!! And what was even better was the company of the friends! Couldn't have asked for anything better!!

Special thanks to Danny PatiƱo who "introduced" Anaid and I via email. I was sooo happy to spend the day with "Americans" :D

But it's thanks to Jehovah who allows us to be a part of a worldwide brotherhood where you can meet a complete strangers and by the end of the day feel like you've known each other for years!!

"However, with reference to brotherly love, YOU do not need us to be writing YOU, for YOU yourselves are taught by God to love one another;" -1 Th. 4:9

No comments:

Post a Comment