Hope this blog finds you all well!! Well, as many of you may know, my parents and I have moved to Mexico City. (To those who didn't know I apologize for not letting you know, everything happened so fast.) But just as the Bible foretold that at the end of system of things times will get tough. And no doubt we are all experiencing it. It is for that reason we moved down here. As for me, I saw the opportunity to move down with them and take advantage to help out and serve where the need is great, which is in the English field. For how long? Well, I say at least 6 months. Many friends tell me I will end up staying here for more than 6 months. But so far my plan is 6 months. I'm still waiting for my reason to go back;D
English field
I don't know much about it still but i do know that left and right there are groups and congregations forming all over Mexico. Flocks of people are migrating to Mexico for one reason or another. Therefore, there is a great need for evangelizers. ... “Yes, the harvest is great, but the workers are few. Therefore, beg the Master of the harvest to send out workers into his harvest.” (Mat. 9:37, 38)
I was so surprised to see so many friends striving to learn English. And to see how many move down here from Canada, the states, and even Europe to help out.
You may ask yourself, are there people here who speak English? Yes, there is. Many have been deported and their spouses are american. Or those who lived in the states for a long time and moved back and now prefer English even tho they are mexican. Or those who are learning how to speak English and are just curious to know why we preach in English. What ever reason it is, we are happy that people are learning about Jehovah and his Kingdom.
Convention 2012: 'Safeguard your Heart!'
I arrived just on time for the English convention. I know most of you if not all of you have already attended. This was my second time hearing the program. And as for Sunday's program it was my 5th time, I think. But I must admit this time around I had a greater appreciation. The talks touched my heart even more than the first time. I cried during a lot of the talks.
During the Sound Drama: Fortify Your Hearts to Be Witnesses. What the brother said at the end really touched me, he said and I quote
"How are we strengthen to be Witnesses of Jehovah and Jesus? By means of the Bible, and the publications provided by the faithful slave class. Jehovah gives us proof, proof that we are living in the last days, proof that Jesus is ruling as the King at this very moment in time. There is no doubt about this brothers, it is clear. Our hearts should burn of appreciations that we are able to understand these things. Are doubts are hopefully starving to death as we speak. But still it's not easy, is it my dear friends? Times can be very difficult. Sometimes we might feel like derrick redmond (a famous runner in 1992 that while running he tore a tendon and fell) Well he got up and started hopping on one leg toward the finish line, he was in pain, tears were running down his face, he was crying he was in so much pain, in agony, it was obvious that he could not make it alone he needed help, and out of no where, a man came running right onto the track, pushing pass security guards, jumping over fences, literally! Who was it? It was Derrick's father. And his father ran up behind him and put his big arm around Derrick and he whispered to Derrick ' I'm here son, we'll finish together.' Derrick leaned on his father and together they crossed the finish line. Brothers and sisters, friends, our finish line is right in front of us. We CANNOT quit now, now is the time to let all of the nations know that the resurrection of Jesus has made possible the forgiveness of all sins. Now is the time to let everyone know that the end of this disgusting system of things is fast approaching. We are so close to the promise paradise. And remember this brothers that no matter how discouraged you might get in this race that we're running, no matter how much pain you might experience, no matter the tears that are perhaps running down your face as we speak, emotional pain, physical pain, we can have complete confidence that as long as we fortify our hearts, as long as we safeguard our heart, that our father, Jehovah, is going to in effect run behind you and he's going to put his big arm around you and he's going to whisper in your ear ' don't worry! I'm here. We'll finish this race together!'" end quote. I loved it! It touched me deeply.
I also enjoyed Saturday's afternoon talk entitled "Jehovah Is Near to Those That Are Broken at Heart" surely during the week I felt like I was on a roller coaster. Roller coaster of emotions. I was sad, depressed, bored, happy, excited, nostalgic, confused, and many other emotions. But I prayed to Jehovah A LOT and
On Saturday, I was able to pour out my heart to two couples. They understood perfectly what I am going through. Since they had been through the same. They gave me such good advice. And they let me know that what I was feeling was normal and that it was ok to cry. In that instant tears started to pour down my face. The whole week I felt like if I cried it was because I wasn't strong enough. Or that I wasn't cutout to live here or serve. But to know that I'm not the only one, relieved me so much. And i was so thankful to Jehovah that I bumped into these two couples. Because that very morning and the night before I cried so much and begged Jehovah for enough strength to at least let me get through the day. And He truly listened to my prayer.
Living conditions
We are living what they call here a "duplex". A small apartment. It has a livingroom/dining room area a small kitchen. A bathroom, and 3 small bedrooms. And a patio, to dry hang our clothes. We live near everything. Which is a blessing, because we don't have a car down here. We have a gym, hotel, bank, mercado, panaderia, bodega, and every possible food stand you can think at only walking distance away. Also, my dad's family lives a block away and they have a car, so if we need to go somewhere far they take us. The neighborhood seems ok, compared to other areas in Mexico City it's ok. But you still have to be VERY cautious.
Meetings/Kingdom Hall and service
My parents will be attending Avenida Central congregation. The Kingdom Hall is only like 5 minutes in taxi, and 20 min waking. we take a taxi, it's only like 12 pesos. Their meetings days are Wednesdays at 7pm. And Saturdays at 7pm. The congregation has so kindly welcomed us. And are trying their best for us to feel at home. A couple of families have invited us over for dinner. Anytime spent with the friends helps me to feel at peace. And even tho I miss the friends back home soo much. I am thankful that I get to widen out and meet even more friends.
I plan to help out in an English congregation. There are 2 near me. Ecatepec ingles and Oceania ingles. They are relatively the same distance away from where I live. I haven't had a chance to visit either congregation. But I will visit Ecatepec this week. And oceania next week. In the meanwhile I will be attending both English and Spanish. Even tho I know English and understand it well. Some things I understand better in Spanish. Ecatepec meetings are Fridays at 7pm and Sundays at 12pm. Ocenia meetings are Tuesdays at 7pm and Sundays at 12pm. So far I'm leaning More toward joining ecatepec congregation because I've met more friends from there, but we will see where Jehovah guides me.
I haven't been able to go out in service too much because we are still trying to settle in. But the few times I have gone out with the spanish have been nice. Not many have answered the doors but I enjoy getting to know the sisters and their stories. I can't wait to go out with the English!
Sorry if this post has gotten too long. There is just so much to share with you all.
Answers to questions they have asked me that you all may be wondering:
Our toilet works perfect, haha.
The food taste good, to me, it's so fresh it tastes weird.
I haven't gotten sick, yet.
So far, I can't get use to the cheese and the meat
They drive extremely crazy here! I prefer New York City traffic 100x better than traffic here.
If you have any questions, ideas,concerns or comments you are more than welcomed to email me:D
And please share your service experiences with me too or any other good news!!
Proverbs 25:25- "As cold water upon a tired soul, so is a good report from a distant land."
I miss all of you so much!
I send my love to all!
May Jehovah keep on blessing all your hard work and sacrifice too keep on running in this race to everlasting life!
Nancy Colin:))
P.S. If any of you have a smartphone, I have been uploading a few pics onto Instagram. Check it out. It's a way to share photos and follow friend's photos as well.
























looks like you had a blast!!!!! -eliza
ReplyDelete