Thursday, September 20, 2012

Garden of Eden

How do you picture paradise? How do you think the garden of Eden was like? What does garden of Eden mean? What's the difference between a forest and garden?

These were a few questions a brother asked his study. I was able to sit in on the study and I felt like I was learning right along with the student! The way the brother used these questions to help the study really imagine paradise in his mind was amazing.

He asked both of us. How many times have you heard the word paradise? Lots of times! But how many times have you imagined it? Few. Picturing it is well worth our time!

Garden of Eden: garden of pleasures.
A garden is made, cultivated, designed. A forest, is there. Not man made. The garden of Eden, was designed by Jehovah! If a man made garden is absolutely beautiful, imagine Jehovah's garden? Perfect! Future paradise? Perfectly beautiful!! Just close your eyes and imagine how it will be.

"They will* fear you as long as there is a sun,*
And before the moon for generation after generation.*
He will descend like the rain upon the mown grass,
Like copious showers that wet the earth.*
In his days the righteous one* will sprout,
And the abundance of peace until the moon is no more.*
And he will have subjects from sea to sea
And from the River* to the ends of the earth.
Before him the inhabitants of waterless regions* will bow down,
And his very enemies will lick the dust itself." -Psalms 72:5-9

The way this brother uses questions and illustrations is amazing! Following Jesus' steps for sure!

So much to share!

But for today it is all. We walked so much today and I am so tired I don't even feel like having merienda. (Late night snack) I need sleep!!

1 comment: