Today was a bright sunny 70 degree day, with a nice breeze, accompanied with the smell of..tamales? No. carnitas? No. This morning it stunk like garbage!! Have I mentioned to y'all that every other day not only do we deal with the smog but also with the horrible smell of garbage? But beside the horrible smell..
We started off the block with an apartment building of 8. I started ringing one door bell at a time. At #3 a guy through the intercom said he spoke English, so I started with my presentation, he told me to wait a minute that he would come down to the door. So within a few seconds a guy opened the door, thinking it was the guy from #3 I started right away by asking him where did he learn English. He looked at me surprised and said "at school, but I'm busy. I'm leaving." I said "ok, but can I leave you the this tract so you can read with your bible?" He said accepted it. So I kept ringing the door bells. I found a girl in #2 but she was sick and could barely speak, so I told her I would come back on a day she felt better. So as I was about to ring another door bell. A guy who had came out of the building at the same time the guy who was leaving did said "I'm sorry, hi" and I turned around and said "oh, hi. You speaks English?" And he said "yes, I'm from #3." Haha! Turns out the guy who opened the door wasn't the one I had spoken to through the intercom! So I proceeded to place the Truth tract with #3 I spoke about how God will soon put an end to war and suffering. And read the inside of the tract, and Psalms 37:10,11. He gladly accepted it, besides the fact that he said he doesn't like the churches, but said he was willing to talk with us about "this stuff". I promised to bring him a Bible since he doesn't own one. And he said "it's ok." Which means, yes, that will be good.
Can you guys believe we found 3 who speak English in just one building?! Once again friends, we must keep searching for those thirsty for the truth!! (Rev. 22:17)
I'm one happy girl! Finding at least one person with a receptive heart beats the horrible garbage smell, the dead burro on the side of the road that's been there for over 2 week now, the crowded metro filled with a bunch of guys:/, everything is well worth it when you find those willing to talk about the Bible with you!
Mucho amor agape,
Nancy!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment